School librarians empower students to Think, Create, Share, and Grow in the school library as they learn to harness curiosity, model responsibility, inspire exploration, promote creativity, and deepen understanding. School libraries create equity and prepare all learners for college, career, and life.
Student outcomes improve when parents are involved. Ask your school librarian how you can support learning in school and at home.
- A Guide for Parents & Guardians
- Common Beliefs
- Standards Framework
- Shared Foundation Infographics
- Social Media
For more great resources, explore the Materials Gallery.
Connect on the priorities that you share. The September 2018 issue of District Administration magazine featured a two-page spread highlighting district-wide applications of the National School Library Standards, including school librarian and school library evaluations and checklists of particular interest to administrators.
The issue also contains a dozen other articles on topics that easily align school libraries with district educational goals:
- PD’s role in educational equity
- Connecting community service to learning
- Beyond football: New interscholastic sports
- District CIO: IT and personalized learning
- Product Focus: Collaborative classroom displays